2012 Allen & Co Footy Tips
Welcome to Allen & Co's first online footy tips competition.
We are running both SANFL & AFL Footy Tips for 2012.
Please read below for everything you need to know about how to enter.
Step 1 - Pay your $50 Entry Fee
To be eligible for the weekly and end of season prizes, you need to pay the $50 entry fee.
This can be done in a number of ways:
- In person at Allen & Co Office - 133 King William Road, Hyde Park SA 5061
- We accept Cash, Cheque and have an EFTPOS machine which accepts all major ATM & Credit Cards
- By EFT/ Direct Credit Transfer to the following Bank Account:
- Allen & Co Accountants
BSB No: 085-397
Account No: 454742770
Please Quote your Surname/ Footy Tips when making your payment via this method.
Step 2 - Join the competition & set up your profile
- If you are not already a member of "footytips", click here to join.
- Download instructions if you prefer Footy_Tips_instructions.docx
- Click on the Following Link: ALLEN & CO FOOTY TIPS
- Enter the password: Allen5061
- Then Click: JOIN NOW
- You will then need to click signup
- Fill in all the details as they ask for them.
*** TIP *** Choose a fun Alias Name, and this will be your Footy Tips Name on the ladder etc (e.g. Your favourite sportsperson' BIRDMAN' or 'JUDDY')
Once successful you'll get a confirmation email and the administrator of the competition will also be notified of you as a new member.
Step 3 - Set up your Profile
Currently the SANFL competition will not show up as a current competition on your profile page, nor will it send you email reminders to put your tips in. With a couple of extra clicks and changes to your settings you can make it easy to see both competitions at a glance.
- Below the AFL logo you should see "more sports" to add, click and choose SANFL from the list.
- Choose 'Enter Tips' (although not necessary to enter your tips yet)
- Under 'Would you like E-mail Notifications' tick both options to be notified by email
- Choose your favourite SANFL team if you wish
- Click Submit Tips
- Say 'Ok' to the warning that you haven't entered any tips
- Go back to your Profile and you should see both AFL & SANFL competitions for your option
Step 4 - STAND BY FOR News & Announcements
Once we have established the number of competitors within the competition we will notify all members of the prize money up for grabs.
There will be a weekly prize draw for highest number of picks with closest margin.
There will be end of season prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Last Place.
Each Monday or as soon as practically possible, the Administrator will send an email to all competitors to let them know how everyone fared for the week. However, you can log on at anytime to Footytips.com.au and check the ladder and your own results.
Rules & Condition of Entry
What you need to know about Tipping
- Tips for each game can be entered or edited at any time prior to the nominated game commencement time as published on the site.
- Under no circumstances will tips be accepted after a game has commenced.
- If tippers do not enter tips for a game, round or join after the season has commenced they will be allocated the default score (see below).
What you need to know about Tipper Rankings
- Tippers will be firstly ranked by their weekly score, where the highest score is the highest rank.
- Weekly winners will be determined by the user's weekly score for the round, then by a tippers 'Round Margin' and then by their 'Total Margin'.
- End of season winners will be determined by total score, and then by their 'Total Margin' (and if drawn the Round Margin for that round).
What you need to know about Margins
- The Margin Tippers are required to enter a winning team plus a margin for one game each round (the number of points team A will beat team B by).
Round (Adjusted Margin)
- If you tip the winning Team and their exact winning margin, your 'Round Margin' will equal 0 points/goals (like golf, lower is better).
- If you pick the winning team, but not the winning margin, your 'Round Margin' will equal the difference between the actual game margin and the margin you tipped.
- If you tip the losing Team, your 'Round Margin' will equal the points/goals difference of the actual game margin PLUS the margin you tipped.
Total (Accumulative Margin)
- The 'Total Margin' is the total to date of the Weekly Margins for all rounds in the tipping competition. As with 'Your Margin' the lower your 'Accumulative Margin' is the better ranking you will have.